I welcome any/all comments on this section following my presentation.
The strengths of this paper include: the unique nature of my proposition – feminist bloggers are doing the law without knowing they are. To say that these bloggers are doing the law, means that they are contributing to FLT in a variety of ways that I discuss in the paper. I hope to prove that doing the law is not just practicing law or engaging in outright activism, it can include opening up new venues for discussion and outlets for FLT, of course. I also combine accessible forms of media, i.e. online newspapers, magazine articles, as sources with more intellectually based, FLT focused sources.
The weaknesses are as follows: I am not sure if it is too much of stretch to say that Crenshaw wants feminism to be unified under cohesive, more inclusive terms, or if intersectionality is indicative of third-wave thought that all individuals can maintain separate goals, with just one common goal of feminism. I am also aware of my shaky legal analysis. I have found that it’s difficult to relate a new area of thought to the traditional legal world/processes. Plus, I am not an A+ legal writer!

No comments:
Post a Comment